Passengers to Pay Extra Fee on Domestic Flights in Pakistan.
Air Fares Fly Higher in Pakistan: New Airport Charges Take Off!
Flying domestic in Pakistan? Buckle up for an extra Rs 100, starting January 15th!
The Civil Aviation Authority is implementing new “airport charges” payable to airlines and ultimately deposited with the authority.
- Passengers on all domestic flights will pay an additional Rs 100 per ticket.
- This comes amidst the caretaker government’s efforts to improve the aviation sector before February’s election.
- Recent initiatives include outsourcing three major airports (Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore).
Islamabad Airport details:
- Its operations will be outsourced for 15 years through a competitive bidding process.
- Final decision and concession award expected before June 2024.
- Critical services like air traffic control and firefighting remain under government control.
Impact on passengers:
- Plan for the Rs 100 surcharge when booking future domestic flights.
- This comes on top of any existing airline fees or taxes.
- Check with your airline for the exact impact on your upcoming flights.
- Follow aviation news for updates on airport outsourcing and potential further changes.
Note: The information above might not be accepted 100%. Please verify from your own sources. We will not be responsible for any kind of loss due to our content.
For more news, please visit Munafa Marketing.