Election 2024 Campaign Deadline Ends in Pakistan.
Pakistan Election 2024: Campaign Wraps Up, Pre-Poll Silence Begins
The stage is set for Pakistan’s highly anticipated 2024 general election as the campaign deadline, set by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), expired at midnight on Tuesday.
This marks the start of a crucial pre-poll silence period, paving the way for voters to make their informed decisions.
- Campaign Deadline Ends: The ECP-imposed deadline for campaigning activities officially concluded on February 6th, ushering in a period of reflection and preparation for voters.
- Pre-Poll Silence Period: From February 6th to 7th, all campaign activities, including rallies, public meetings, and media appearances, are strictly prohibited. This period allows voters to contemplate their choices without undue influence.
- Candidate Landscape: A total of 17,816 candidates are vying for seats across the National Assembly and the four provincial assemblies. This diverse pool presents voters with a spectrum of options.
- National Assembly: 5,121 candidates are contesting for 342 seats in the National Assembly, with 4,807 being male and 312 female. This reflects a commendable increase in female participation compared to previous elections.
- Provincial Assemblies: In Sindh, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan, a combined total of 12,695 candidates are contesting for seats in their respective provincial assemblies.
- Potential Disqualification: The ECP has warned candidates against violating the pre-poll silence period, with potential disqualification being a severe consequence. This ensures a fair and impartial electoral environment.
Note: The information above might not be accepted 100%. Please verify from your own sources. We will not be responsible for any kind of loss due to our content.
For more news, please visit Munafa Marketing.